A funny thing happened on the way to work today..
...there was another bomb in Kollupitiya...
Im ok. But I was about 5 minutes near it, and the smell was nasty. I usually get off and walk that way to office. Id phoned in this morning to say Id be a little late. Well ,ok quite late considering Im normally at office by 7 am.I had to check on my bike and do some extreme banking and it was 10.40 by the time I reached this junction.
today I had been tempted to get down in Maradana and get a flyer for the Bajaj CT 100 (drool) after which I got in the NEXT bus and thus was about ten minutes later than I would have been.
Life is funny,eh. I wow to hencefourth give in to sudden temptations more often.
Im ok. But I was about 5 minutes near it, and the smell was nasty. I usually get off and walk that way to office. Id phoned in this morning to say Id be a little late. Well ,ok quite late considering Im normally at office by 7 am.I had to check on my bike and do some extreme banking and it was 10.40 by the time I reached this junction.
today I had been tempted to get down in Maradana and get a flyer for the Bajaj CT 100 (drool) after which I got in the NEXT bus and thus was about ten minutes later than I would have been.
Life is funny,eh. I wow to hencefourth give in to sudden temptations more often.
Comments
Anyway thank God your safe…
My office is very, very close to where the bomb when off and the blast sent tremor waves through our office and even a few windows cracked for the force of the bomb.
But thank God everyone is ok.
Never in my life have I been so close to the seen of a bomb before and it scared the shit out of me.
plus I guess each day I should be gratefull for being alive, sane and the possesor of functioning feet. But why me?I often wonder
well, ok, maybe we can overlook that ...but anyway...
The funny thing about a bomb is every one want to be a part of that experience. Everyone say how narrow escape they had because of the bus get late, didn’t went to work that day, just passed the same place a week back, etc.. It is not fair for the people really experienced the bomb – I mean the one who lose hearing for 10 minute – get up bleeding all over – or was looking at the spot floating above.
I guess most of the people in Colombo have experience some sort of bomb experience one time or another.
Hey.. why not you?
Anyhow try our best to safeguard ourselves with the wisdom that is given by the Almighty.
Keep writing. I am trying to apprecite your pattern. Wow, I had gone through all the archives 11 months, it's interesting.
Sugun
-Fahim