Sunday, November 12, 2006

Why we call Ginger Nuts, Mantal

Mahisha has asked me why we call one of our cats "Mantal"...I thought Id reply here-

Mantal has slight problems - I dont know exactly what its called.He takes time to notice things. For example he may be hungry but he doesnt realise that actually eating some food will solve it. SO he runs around sadly sniffing the air. He also dosnt know that sitting behind the tyre of a reversing car will result in getting his head flattened, so we have to keep rescuing him from our car. He does not know what fire is and sometimes sniffs the gas ring and loses all his whiskers in one go. Needless to say we dont let him go out onto the road and in fact he has no interest in going out. As for mating season, the poor dear doesnt know which side of a female cat he should approach if its actually worthwhile so he doesnt bother. He is a cat in a million and very sweet, but I know he will come to a sticky end someday.

One day soon I shall tell you about Mantal and the resident guarandiar...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am grinning from ear to ear, and laughing :-D
I do hope that he would not come to a sticky end, ever...

Man - what personalities animals have...

aljuhara said...

well he has had many close calls. when he was about 3 months (really small-) he fell in the comode and spent a few hours burbling and screming and swiming around till the resident MATH (Man About the House) got home and rescued him. He put his hand into the loo to get him out, and bathed him in warm water and shampoo and used my tea clothes to wipe him down." there are," says the MATH "not many people that I would do this for."